Marriage isn’t for everyone, but is there a woman on earth who doesn’t love a beautiful ring?
Art Deco naturally lends itself to engagement rings, thanks to the diamond-based opulence and drama it is so often associated with.
The great news is, you don’t need to get engaged to own one of these rings – in fact knowing you’ve bought it yourself will make you feel even prouder to wear it.
Take a look at these beautiful but unusual art deco engagement (or ‘un-engagement’) rings, which range from vintage to recently created, affordable to extravagant, plain diamond to vividly colourful.
Feast your eyes on this embarrassment of riches…
The classic choice – but these options step outside the standard ‘engagement ring’ template.
1. Vintage diamond and white gold dress ring – Loveantiques.com
2. 14ct yellow and white gold Art Deco ring – Etsy
3. Diamond ring with square central design in yellow gold – The London Victorian Ring Company
4. 18ct gold, platinum and diamond marquise ring – The Antique Jewellery Company
The colour of love. You can’t go wrong…
5. Art Deco ring in white gold with ruby and diamonds – Etsy
6. Art Deco three stone engagement ring – Etsy
7. Art Deco diamond and ruby three stone ring – Etsy
8. 18ct gold, diamond and ruby three stone ring – The Antique Jewellery Company
It’s such a rare colour to see in engagement rings, but I love it.
9. Antique natural peridot engagement ring – Etsy
10. Vintage peridot and diamond cluster ring – Friar House
11. 18ct gold and platinum, rectangular peridot and diamond ring – The Antique Jewellery Company
Pearls are so beautiful yet understated. If only they were a little more hard-wearing so we could wear them every day…
12. The Thiago Ring – Brilliant Earth
13. 1920s platinum, natural saltwater pearl and diamond ring – The Antique Jewellery Company
14. Art Deco platinum, natural pearl and diamond ring – The Antique Jewellery Company
Elegant emeralds are my personal favourite – here are some slightly different specimens.
15. The Marjorie Ring – Brilliant Earth
16. The Yeagar Ring – Brilliant Earth
17. Art Deco emerald and diamond ring – Etsy
18. 9ct gold emerald and diamond ring – eBay
19. Art Deco emerald and rose cut diamond navette ring, circa 1920 – Gatsby Jewellery
20. Art Deco natural emerald and diamond halo ring – eBay
21. Crisp 9ct white gold Colombian emerald diamond ring – eBay
22. Large 9ct white gold emerald diamond ring – eBay
23. Combo 9ct 9K gold, emerald, ruby and diamond Art Deco ring – eBay
Sapphire engagement rings have rocketed in popularity since the Duchess of Cambridge acquired hers; here are a few that deviate from the norm.
24. The Wisdom Ring – Brilliant Earth
25. Beautiful Art Deco period 18ct gold, sapphire and diamond ring – Loveantiques.com
26. Art Deco scalloped setting diamond and sapphire, 9ct gold platinum engagement ring – Etsy
27. 1920s platinum and 18k yellow gold sapphire and diamond ring – Etsy
28. 18ct and platinum sapphire and diamond square ring – The Antique Jewellery Company
29. Gold sapphire and diamond five stone ring, c1930 – Fine Antique Jewellery
And other jewels…
In case the above are all too ‘middle of the road’ for you – here are a few lesser-seen gems…
30. Aquamarine and diamond cluster ring – The London Victorian Ring Co.
31. Pink sapphire, diamond, white gold and platinum dress ring – Loveantiques.com
32. Antique CZ, tansanite and paste ring – Laurelle Antique Jewellery
33. Art Deco zircon and diamond three stone ring – Friar House
34. Yellow sapphire diamond ring platinum 2.85ct – Laurelle Antique Jewellery
35. Zircon, diamond and ruby ring – Friar House
36. Vintage amethyst and diamond ring – Friar House