The Met Gala 2018 kicks off in just a few hours, which means celebs have been prepping outfits for the past six months.
Back in November last year, it was revealed that this years theme is Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination.
The Costume Institute announced its exhibition of the same name, which opens on Thursday (10 May).
The galas hosts are Rihanna, Amal Clooney an Donatella Versace, and were intrigued to see how people will handle the religious theme.
We havent got long to wait, but for now, please enjoy 22 of our favourite Met Gala looks – in no particular order.
(If we had to put them in order, wed have combusted out of indecisiveness.)
1. Rihanna, China: Through the Looking Glass (2015)
Sure, she looked like a newborn chick, or an extremely cheesy pizza, but she also looked edgy as f*ck and utterly fabulous.
Only Rihanna could get away with this. Only Rihanna.
2. Kate Moss, The Model as Muse: Embodying Fashion (2009)
The legendary Kate Moss as a metallic vision with designer, Marc Jacobs.
3. Florence Welch, Schiaparelli And Prada: Impossible Conversations (2012)
Another dreamy vision – how much fun must this Alexander McQueen beaut have been to dance in?
4. Karolina Kurkova, Schiaparelli And Prada: Impossible Conversations (2012)
We would love an occasion to look as extra as Kurkova in this Rachel Zoe vision.
5. Suki Waterhouse, Charles James: Beyond Fashion (2014)
This dreamy, dusky pink tulle number is the thing of dreams.
6. Alexa Chung, American Woman: Fashioning a National Identity (2010)
Not many women rock up to a red carpet in a pant suit but our Alexa did, in the peak of her please can I have her wardrobe? era.
This is a cute as hell Philip Lim number.
7. Zendaya, Rei Kawakubo/Comme des Garcons: Art Of The In-Between (2017)
The hair, the bright orange lipstick, the bold print on the Dolce & Gabbana dress.
Were here for it.
8. Kim Kardashian West, Manus x Machina: Fashion In An Age Of Technology (2016)
Kims worn some stunning looks over the years, even turning up as Mrs Doubtfire in 2013.
However, this metallic Balmain number has taken the crown for us.
9. Cate Blanchett, Poiret: King of Fashion (2007)
We wish we looked this good dressed as your nans curtain tassel.
10. Jennifer Lopez, China: Through the Looking Glass (2015)
This sheer panelled, sequin Versace dress is peak Lopez.
11. Lupita Nyongo, Manus x Machina: Fashion In An Age Of Technology (2016)
The watery, sea foam mermaid-esque dress, the hair…we love.
Lupita was quick to school Vogue magazine when they compared her hair to Audrey Hepburn, saying it was inspired by: sculptural hairdos from around the continent.
12. Beyonce, China: Through the Looking Glass (2015)
This was the year our girl Bey rocked up late, leaving everyone thinking shed sacked it off.
Then she rocked up in this Givenchy number and jaws hit the (very soft, red) floor.
13. Maggie Gyllenhaal, Rei Kawakubo/Comme des Garcons: Art Of The In-Between (2017)
Is it a dress? Is it a pant suit?
Its both, b*tches. And its embellished and fabulous.
14. Gigi Hadid, Rei Kawakubo/Comme des Garcons: Art Of The In-Between (2017)
The half and half look is perfect for the indecisive – and for popping out a little Angelina Jolie leg.
15. Zoe Saldana, Manus x Machina: Fashion In An Age Of Technology (2016)
Now, thats a train and a half. 10/10 would also use as a rug.
16. Zoe Kravitz, Charles James: Beyond Fashion (2014)
Zoe Kravitz is so effortless that she can chuck on a simple evening slip and make it look wild.
17. Diane Kruger, Schiaparelli And Prada: Impossible Conversations (2012)
Celebs dont often wear looks that you could get away with in real life, but we could see a (slightly toned down) version of this being worn at a wedding.
Love the jewel tone.
18. Scarlett Johansson, Dangerous Liaisons: Fashion and Furniture in the 18th Century (2004)
This has such How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days vibes – interestingly this was the year after the movie which had saw Kate Hudson wearing that iconic gold dress, so maybe she was the inspo.
19. Priyanka Chopra, Rei Kawakubo/Comme des Garcons: Art Of The In-Between (2017)
The Met Gala 2016 was a very wet affair, so Priyanka came prepared this year.
20. Ashley Olsen and Mary-Kate Olsen, Superheroes: Fashion And Fantasy (2008)
Ah, the Olsen twins. In the days before they started looking like theyd just been exhumed.
The effortlessly stylish sisters have complemented each others outfits a treat.
21. Sienna Miller, AngloMania: Tradition and Transgression in British Fashion (2006)
Remember when we all wanted to look like the kooky boho queen, Sienna?
I definitely tried to recreate this look New Years Eve 2006.
22. Iman, Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty (2011)
All that glitters is not gold, but Iman is pure gold, in every single way.
Radiance is oozing from every pore (and hair follicle and fibre of her clothes…and being).
Keep checking Metro.co.uk tonight as we bring you the best gossip and looks from the Met Gala 2018.